DIAL4U is a university project focusing on digital language teaching and learning practices.
This project is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union and has been funded with support from the European Commission.
DIAL4U aims at facilitating the evolution of teaching and training online in a key discipline supported by Erasmus : foreign languages.
It also aims :
to develop the digital culture of language teachers and their ability to use it for didactic purposes,
to develop digital tools for language learning,
to recognise and validate knowledge, skills and competences acquired in formal and non-formal contexts,
to motivate learners to use open educational resources in preparation for lifelong learning.
Project Number : 2020-1-FR01-KA226-HE-095526
Date of the project : June 2021-May 2023
Erasmus Grant : 299 650€
Applicant organisation : University of Lille
Partner organisations :
- Malmö Universitet
- Mykolo Romerio Universitetas
- Stiftung Europa-Universitat Viadrina Frankfurt
- Universidade Do Minho
- Universitat Jaume I de Castellon
- Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai
- Université de Lille
- Uniwersytet Wroclawski
The objective of the project is to co-develop an innovative approach and digital tools in order to :
facilitate mediation in all dimensions of the language learning process;
strengthen the capacities and autonomy of all language learners;
to develop or improve the digital/mixed teaching skills of language teachers;
to facilitate the recognition and validation of knowledge, skills and competences.
DIAL4U will follow 4 steps, developed through 4 Intellectual Outputs (IO)
(IO1) Database on both formal and informal digital pedagogy/content for language learning mediation
(IO2) Develop virtual reality and gamification for inclusion and Language Learning interaction
(IO3) Enhance multimodal language learning and teaching material to develop autonomy
(IO4) Allow recognition and validation of non-formal and informal Language Learning process through badges and micro-credentials.
The DIAL4U consortium comprises 8 universities from 8 countries :
- Malmö Universitet - MaU in Sweden
- Mykolo Romerio Universitetas- MRU in Lithuania
- Stiftung Europa-Universitat Viadrina Frankfurt - EUV in Germany
- Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai - UBB in Romania
- Universidade Do Minho - UMinho in Portugal
- Universitat Jaume I de Castellon - UJI in Spain
- Uniwersytet Wroclawski - UWr in Poland
- Université de Lille - ULille in France